300 Sensational SoupsAdd to Recipe Box
Sara Molton, chef and “Good Morning America” food editor, says this of the cookbook 300 Sensational Soups:
“There were many good soup books published in 2008,… this one was my favorite because of its variety and creativity.”
Wow! That’s pretty high recommendation from a wonderful cook like Sara.
I love soup. It nourishes the heart as well the stomach, spreading a feeling of satisfaction and contentment. Hot soup is warming on a winter day, while cold soup is just as welcome in the heat of summer.
I have to say after reviewing the book that it is pretty amazing. It’s a real keeper, a cookbook that I know I will refer to over and over for years to come for wonderful soup recipes.
It is the definitive collection of recipes for soup lovers everywhere.
Here is a sampling of just a few of the delicious soup recipes in this cookbook:
- Coconut Soup with Mango Fritters
- Chocolate Soup with Brownie Croutons
- Chilled Cherry Soup with Crème Anglaise Swirl
- Vietnamese Pho
- Snapper in Asian Broth with Habañero and Shrimp
- Shrimp and Pea Soup with Lemongrass
Each recipe also includes tips and techniques along with garnishing ideas. As well, there are many creative variations and serving suggestions.
With 300 recipes to choose from, ranging from everyday fare to elegant dishes for entertaining, 300 Sensational Soups offers home chefs a perfect bowl of soup every time.
Here is what cookbook reviewers are saying about 300 Sensational Soups:
- Packed with easy-to-use recipes that produce reliable and flavorful results. (The Plain Dealer (Cleveland) 20090114)
- From chilled soups to chowders, this book is filled to the brim with delicious recipes. (Jeff Houck The Tampa Tribune 20090318)
- This cookbook brims with great recipes and is highly recommended. (Larry Cox Tucson Citizen 20081223)
- I found a lot of new and interesting ideas when I leafed through the new 300 Sensational Soups. These recipes cover a lot of ground… But what really grabbed my attention was the wealth of creative recipes. (Michael Hastings Journal Now )
- The book is full of yummy, mouthwatering recipes and tons of helpful tips for a souper experience in home cooking. (Brenda Junkin Plain Dealer (Cleveland) )
People who own and use this cookbook love it too. Here are a few customer reviews from Amazon.com:
Gina Boyd raves:
When food editor Sara Molton of Good Morning America did a segment called, “The Best Cookbooks for 2008”, she selected and led off with “300 Sensational Soups,” and said it was her favorite. I have to agree. This cook book is fantastic. There are soups for every season, even dessert soups! We have potlucks just about every month where I work, and without fail I make something from this book to bring. It’s always a hit. Soups range from hearty to light, again depending on the time of year. Cold to warm, and if your feeling adventurous, there’s a whole section of soups from around the world.
Whatever I’m in the mood for, or the occasion, this soup book has it. You can’t get a better recommendations then one from Sara Molton, but I sure hope you also take one from an all American housewife like me.
I LOVE this book!!! I purchased it and had made several of the recipes when, to my delight, I watched Sara Moulton on Good Morning America choose it as one of the 10 best cookbooks of 2008. I could not agree more and admire Sara Moulton very much for finding this book among all of the books out there. These authors have written several cookbooks and I always look for new ones from them. I have never been disappointed by them. I highly recommend the Middle Eastern Lentil Soup with Garlic, which I served my family last night. I have also tried a more “comfort food” style by making the Pennsylvania Dutch Chicken-Corn Soup with Tiny Dumplings. To date I have prepared about half a dozen of the recipes and my family are all big fans. I am very much looking forward to their next book.
Shannon T. states:
I received this book as a gift, and made one of the recipes for company the night before Thanksgiving. The recipe was easy to follow, and everyone really loved it. Huge success. Nice selection and variety of soups in this book. I have several more recipes earmarked to try. If you like soup, I would highly recommend this book.
You may like these cookbooks as well, also by the same authors: