How to Cook Asparagus
- Look for firm heads that have not started to spread out. Stems, whether you prefer thick or thin, should be firm but not dried up.
- Asparagus is usually sold standing in a bit of water to keep it from drying out. Check carefully for freshness if asparagus is not kept in water when you buy it.
How to Clean Asparagus
- The bottom stem of the asparagus spear is tough and not too enjoyable. The best way to tell what part of the asparagus will be tender is to hold the spear with both hands, the head of the spear in one hand and the stem end in the other.
- Begin to bend the spear and you will notice that it wants to break naturally at a certain point. That is the point where the stem begins to be tough. So just bend each spear and let it break where it wants. Discard the bottom stem or use the upper part of it to make a great asparagus soup.
How To Cook Asparagus
- If you don’t have an asparagus cooker, use a frying pan to cook your asparagus. Just lay the spears in the frying pan, add enough water to just cover them and bring the water to a boil.
- The cooking time for asparagus depends on the thickness of the stems. Boil them for 3-6 minutes and test for doneness with a fork. They should be tender but not mushy.
- Drain the asparagus and return it to the pan. You can add some butter to the pan and let it melt to coat the vegetables. Lemon drizzled over the asparagus is also wonderful.
- Asparagus is wonderful cooked on the grill is one of my favorite asparagus recipes – whether it is an indoor grill or an outdoor barbecue. This, in my view, is the best way to cook asparagus, as the slight charred flavor is a wonderful addition.
- Clean the asparagus and lay it on the grill. I brush the spears with a bit of oil. Olive oil works well but my absolute favorite is to brush the spears with a bit of toasted sesame oil, an oil you can find in the Asian section of your grocery store. It adds a wonderful flavor.
- Grill the spears for about 5 minutes, or until tender when tested with a fork. Serve as is, or with a sprinkling of salt.
- If you are using an outdoor grill, put a vegetable grill pan or another version of those metal containers with holes in it on the grill first and cook the asparagus in that. That way you won’t lose your precious asparagus spears to the fire below.
kamagra-cialis-potencja http://www.usabox.com/wp/viagra-online-amazon.html viagra online amazon If you like this page, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below. over the counter viagra vancouver http://www.usabox.com/wp/viagra-right-sided-heart-failure.html viagra right sided heart failure
Leave a Reply
http://www.usabox.com/wp/dosage-viagra-cialis-levitra.html dosage viagra cialis levitra Read More