Easy Beer Cheese Soup2013-04-22
Average Member Rating
(4.6 / 5)
5 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 12m
- Ready In : 17m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat169
This beer cheese soup has to be one of the simplest soups in the world!
It is so easy and quick to make you can make it for lunch or supper any day of the week.
It’s even less than a 30 minute meal.
To make this into a meal unto itself, prepare some garlic bread while the soup is cooking.
- 2 cups frozen loose-pack cauliflower, broccoli and carrots
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- croutons for serving (optional)
In a 2 quart saucepan, combine the vegetables, beer and minced onion. Cover and cook on medium high heat for 3-4 minutes or until the vegetables are nearly tender.
Stir in the soup and milk. Stir in the cheese. Heat, covered, for another 6-8 minutes or until the mixture is hot and bubbly.
If desired, you can sprinkle each serving with croutons and/or a bit of extra grated cheese.
- You can also cook this soup in the microwave. Just place the mixed vegetables, beer and onion in a microwavable casserole, cover and heat on high for 3 to 4 minutes until the vegetables are nearly tender. Stir in the soup, milk and the cheese and cook on high for about 6 minutes.
Did You Know?…
Don’t worry too much about the alcohol in the beer. It will burn off during the cooking.
If you are concerned about it, use a non-alcoholic beer available in most grocery stores and all liquor stores.
It is the taste of the beer you want in this vegetable cheese soup.
Add a salad if you are up to it, but if it’s just one of those days, here is an easy dinner recipe that is absolutely fabulous and even gives you a serving of vegetables.
It’s a vegetarian recipe too, so all of you non-meat eaters will appreciate that.
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below. Thanks.