Blue Cheese Dip2013-04-23
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe
- Yield : About 3 1/2 cups of dip
- Servings : 10
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 35m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat162
If you love blue cheese, this blue cheese dip recipe is definitely for you.
Use your favorite blue cheese in this recipe, whether it is a locally produced cheese, Maytag blue cheese or a French cheese.
All will work perfectly and give you that perfect tang that is traditional in this easy dip recipe.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 shallots, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup plain Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 3/4 cups crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley (optional for garnish)
- 1 pinch paprika (optional for garnish)
In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, combine the oil, garlic, shallots and mustard powder. Sauté until the shallots are lightly browned and very tender, which will take about 4-5 minutes.
Remove the skillet from the heat and let it cool for 5 minutes. Stir in the sour cream, yogurt and mayonnaise. Stir in the blue cheese. Transfer it to a serving bowl, then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to cool and allow the flavors to meld together.
When you are ready to serve the dip, sprinkle it with parsley and paprika. Both are optional. You can also just serve it as is.
- This dip recipe is a standard accompaniment to buffalo wings or any other wing recipe.
- You can also serve it with raw veggies. I would choose a mix of carrots, celery sticks, red pepper strips and raw mushrooms. Also try green onions or small pieces of cauliflower.
Did You Know?…
Buffalo wings didn’t get their name from any reference to buffalos. They developed in Buffalo NY, where they are still a beloved staple of pretty much every bar and local eatery.
Buffalo wings are traditionally served with a blue cheese dip, along with sticks of carrots and celery. That’s why this dip is often referred to as Buffalo wing dip.
This is an easy dip recipe that will be the hit of any party.
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below. Thanks.