Egg and Vegetable Breakfast Burritos2013-08-01
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
5 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 10m
This information is per serving.
This easy breakfast burritos recipe is a great way to start your day.
Filled with eggs, ham and vegetables they have all the food groups in one easy to hold burrito. Great for those of us on the run, or whose kids don’t want to stop for breakfast.
Just wrap it up and let them grab it to go.
Breakfast Burritos Recipe
- 1 medium green or red pepper, chopped into small pieces
- 5 green onions, sliced into thin rounds
- 4 ounces ham, finely chopped (optional)
- 8 eggs
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup Monterey jack or cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1/3 cup salsa
Heat a lightly greased skillet over medium heat until hot. Add the pepper, ham and onions. Cook and stir for 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender crisp.
Add the eggs. Reduce the heat to low. Cook and stir for 3 minutes or until the eggs are set.
Warm the tortillas in the microwave for 1 minute on high or wrap in foil and place in a preheated oven for 5 minutes or dry fry them in a warm frying pan for a minute on each side. Place 1/4 of the egg mixture on each tortilla. Sprinkle with the grated cheese and top with some chopped tomato and parsley if using. Fold the sides to enclose the filling.
Serve with the salsa.
- As always, you can change this recipe to suit your taste. Don’t like peppers? Leave them out. Leave out the ham to make this a vegetarian burrito recipe.
- If you really want to amp up the Mexican flavors, use a bit of chopped chorizo sausage instead of the ham. Be aware though that the spicy fat that comes out of the sausage will make the eggs a bit pink colored.
- These Mexican breakfast sandwiches are usually made with flour tortillas but switch them out for corn tortillas if you want.
- To add even more nutrition to these tortilla wraps, add sliced avocado to the top of the egg mixture before you wrap them. Delicious and nutritious.
- Whole wheat tortillas make it even healthier.
- Using gluten free tortillas makes this a gluten-free recipe.
- Don’t think of these egg burritos as just a breakfast idea. Kids and adults alike will love them for lunch or an easy weeknight dinner recipe.
This breakfast burrito recipe is a good diabetic recipe if you can handle the tortilla. Whole wheat is better. Use a low carb tortilla if you really need it to be low carb.
Like this recipe? I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment and your favorite reicpes below.