Chili Con Queso Recipe2013-04-28
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 6 to 8
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 15m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat156
This chili con queso recipe is fabulous, especially if you like the mix of Mexican flavors it brings.
The ingredient list may be a bit longer, but it is SO easy to make and SO worth it. See the many uses for this recipe below.
- 8 ounces old cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 14 small stuffed olives, drained and finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 fresh or canned hot pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 ounces green chillies, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk or cream
- 1 handful of parsley, finely chopped
- 1 handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- salt to taste
- tabasco sauce to your taste
Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the flour. Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Do not brown. Whisk in the cream. Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly, for 8 minutes.
Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese. Season with salt. When the cheese has melted, stir in the remaining ingredients. Keep warm in a chafing dish or fondue pot.
Serves 6-8 as a appetizer.
Serve this queso dip with corn chips or tortilla chips or as an accompaniment to Mexican dishes such as quesadillas, burritos, fajitas, our enchilada casserole.
You can also use this chili con queso recipe as a sauce to pour over vegetables or omelettes. Fantastic!
If you like this recipe, we’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below.
Did You Know?…
Chili con queso (or chile con queso) is Spanish for “chile with cheese”.
This kind of cheese dip is very popular in Southwestern cuisine, particularly Tex Mex food.