Hawaiian Macadamia Coconut Cookie Recipe2013-10-10
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe
- Yield : 36 cookies
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 20m
This information is per serving.
This is a delicious coconut cookie recipe, rich with Macadamia nuts.
They are called Hawaiian cookies because Macadamia nuts and coconut are two staple flavors of Hawaii.
Macadamia nut cookies would be amazing on their own, but the addition of coconut really makes them quite wonderful.
Of course, as always, if you don’t have access to Macadamia nuts, or prefer to use another nut, or even leave the nuts out entirely, please feel free to do that. See below the recipe for more tips.
Coconut Cookie Recipe with Macadamia Nuts
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sweetened desiccated coconut
- 1 cup Macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
Preheat over to 350°F.
In a large bowl, cream butter and both sugars. Add egg and beat well. Add orange rind and beat well.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder and salt. Beat into creamed mixture. Stir in coconut and Macadamia nuts.
Drop by tablespoonfuls onto buttered baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Press down the tops with a fork to flatten slightly. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from sheet. Cool on wire racks.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
- These cookies call for Macadamia nuts for that authentic Hawaiian flavor, but you can certainly substitute cashews if you prefer. Any of your favorite nuts would work.
- For a lovely look and great taste you can also drizzle a thin line of melted chocolate over the cookies as shown in the image above. Maybe leave some of the cookies plain and decorate the rest with the chocolate drizzle.
I hope you love these cookies as much as I do. If you do, I’d love you to Pin the recipe to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below.