Crab Salad Recipe2013-04-30
Average Member Rating
(4.3 / 5)
9 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 2:10 h
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 2:10 h
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat73
Fresh crab salad on a warm summer day is a perfect cold lunch recipe.
Pair it with another salad or two and some fresh crusty rolls. On a warm summer day, can it get any better than that?
- 1 pound fresh lump crab meat
- 3/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons green or red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons French dressing, homemade or bottled
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- tomato wedges to garnish
Check crab meat carefully for shells and remove them. Combine crab meat, celery, green or red pepper, chives and French dressing. Chill for 2 hours.
When ready to serve, combine mayonnaise and curry powder and mix with the crab mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
Line a serving platter with lettuce and arrange the crab salad over it. Serve chilled.
Tips and Variations:
- The recipe calls for fresh crab meat and that is wonderful, but let’s face it. Not all of us are on a fresh crab meat budget. If you wish, feel free to substitute either canned crab or the fake crab that is really pollock fish, “dressed up”. Purists may not think it tastes quite as good as real lump crab meat, and they are right, but it will still be a delicious treat.
- Turn this into a seafood salad by replacing all or part of the cooked crab with shrimp. Use either small salad shrimp, or chop larger shrimp.
- This is a wonderful seafood salad sandwich recipe. It tastes great on all kinds of bread, but try it on a fresh croissant for a special treat.
This crab meat salad recipe calls for fresh lump crab meat. Of course that would taste best, but it is more costly. Feel free to substitute if you wish. See the suggestions below in our Tips and Variations section.
Any kind of seafood salad like this is also great for picnics and the buffet table. It is colorful, fresh tasting and healthy.
It is not just a summer salad recipe, but a great year round treat as well.
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below.