Egg Salad or Deviled Egg Recipe2013-05-04
Average Member Rating
(3 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe
- Yield : 6
- Servings : 12
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat35
The traditional deviled egg recipe never really goes out of style.
We may think it does, but put a plate full of these treats on the table and they are gone in a flash, each and every time.
- 6 eggs, hard-cooked and peeled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard (Dijon-style or brown mustard work well)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- paprika (optional - for added color)
To Hard Cook or Hard Boil Eggs:
Place the eggs in a saucepan with enough cold water to cover them. Bring the water to a boil and boil for 9 minutes. Drain the hot water from the pot. Run cold water over eggs for 1 minute to stop the cooking process and cool the eggs.
To Make Deviled Eggs:
Slice eggs in half. Scoop out yolks and place in a small bowl. Mix mayonnaise, finely chopped celery and pickle, 1/2 teaspoon mustard, salt and pepper in with the egg yolks. If it is at all dry, add a tiny bit of the pickle juice to thin it out.
Carefully spoon the yolk and mayonnaise mixture into the hollows in the egg whites. Sprinkle the tops with a touch of paprika for added color. Serve.
Makes 12 deviled egg halves.
To Make a Mustard Egg Salad Recipe:
Use exactly the same ingredients as above. Instead of slicing the hard cooked eggs, chop the whole boiled egg finely with a fork.
Add the remaining ingredients to the chopped egg and mix well. Serve on bread.
Tips for Easy Egg Salad Recipes:
- The simplest egg salad recipe? Just chop the egg, add Miracle Whip (instead of the mayonnaise) to achieve the texture you want, then add a touch of pepper. Voila! An easy tasty recipe for egg salad sandwiches. The Miracle Whip has a bit of tang and you won’t really need lots of extra seasonings.
- Try adding just a pinch of dry mustard instead of the already made mustard. It gives a subtle hint of taste.
- Omit the mustard altogether. Add a bit of sweet pickle juice to the egg/ mayonnaise mixture for added sweetness.
- All of these variations can be used to vary the basic deviled egg recipe.
Did You Know?…
I have given you a few variations on a deviled egg recipe, so you can try a few options.
You can also see how to easily use the same ingredients and make a delicious egg salad sandwich filling. So easy – and so good.
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below.