Easy Cake Recipes: Topsy Turvy Cake2013-05-04
Average Member Rating
(3.4 / 5)
5 people rated this recipe
- Yield : 1 - 13"x9" cake
- Servings : 16
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 50m
- Ready In : 1:05 h
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat215
I love easy cake recipes and this topsy turvy cake really fits that description well.
It is a bit of chocolate cake, cheese cake and coconut cake all mixed together, with some nuts thrown in for extra taste and crunch.
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 - 3 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 ounce semisweet baking chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 ounces confectioners sugar
- 1 package devil's food cake mix with pudding
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Combine pecans and coconut spread over the bottom of a greased 9"x13" baking pan.
In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Beat in the melted chocolate and vanilla. Add confectioners sugar. Beat the mixture until well blended. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, egg and oil. Mix, using the low speed of an electric mixer for 30 seconds, then continue at medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour the batter over the pecan mixture. Drop tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture over the cake batter to within 1 inch of edges.
Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes or until the cake pulls away from the sides of the pan. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes before cutting into squares.
Amazing served warm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
The cake can be served plain and is quite yummy the way it is. If you want to decorate it you can:
- cover the cake with chocolate or mocha icing
- serve it with a dollop of whipped cream
- or – for real decadence – even pour a bit of caramel sauce over it. Top with more finely chopped pecans and a sprinkling of coconut. Delicious!
Topsy turvy cake is one of those amazing cake mix recipes.
Start with a store bought cake mix, add a few ingredients and you have an delicious new creation, ready for the oven in minutes.
I hope you like it.
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below.