Easy Party Appetizers – Spinach Appetizer Cheese Squares2013-05-04
Average Member Rating
(3.3 / 5)
15 people rated this recipe
- Yield : 24 squares
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 55m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat44
Easy party appetizers are a must for holiday or any time entertaining.
These spinach cheese squares are easy to make appetizers that do double duty – they make a great lunch recipe too.
Spinach Appetizer Cheese Squares
- 2 packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package/roll crescent roll dough
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Unwrap the crescent roll dough and place in the bottom of a 9"x13" baking dish. Pat the dough to fill out the dish and press around seam area to close the seams.
Drain thawed spinach well and squeeze out extra water. Mix with the soup, cheeses, nuts and pepper. Pour the mixture on top of the dough. Bake for 45 minutes. Cool and cut into squares.
This recipe makes great appetizer squares but can also be cut into larger squares and served as an easy lunch recipe with a salad.
- For a bit of variety on your appetizer tray, cut the recipe into slightly larger squares, then cut the squares diagonally into triangles. Very pretty on the plate.
- For a lunch size serving, cut the recipe in half lengthwise down the baking dish, then cut across into three sections, for 6 servings in all. Or cut into triangles. Two or three triangles with a beautiful salad is a great lunch.
Did You Know?…
Spinach is one of those foods that is so good for us, but sometimes difficult to add to our diets as often as we should. This is a great way to add the health benefits of spinach to our every day diet.
It is also a tasty vegetarian recipe.
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below.
Click here to add your own favorite recipes in the comments section below.