Brunch Egg Cups2013-11-28
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 40m
This information is per serving.
These egg cups in crepes are one of my favorite brunch recipes.
Served with some ham or bacon and a fruit salad, they are a wonderful brunch, breakfast or lunch recipe.
This recipe is also known as eggs in a basket, or what the French would call egg galettes.
You can either make these eggs in muffin tins or other ramekins that will create a cup for the eggs and mushrooms or you can make them in the galette style as shown in the image above. Both ways are described below.
Eggs in a Basket or Egg Cups
- 6 cooked crepes
- 3 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 6 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons light cream
- 1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese
Preheat the oven to 325°F.
Sauteé mushrooms in a teaspoon of butter until just cooked about 10 minutes.
Brush muffin pans or custard cups with butter. Line each cup with a cooked crepe. Place several mushroom slices in each crepe. Break 1 egg into each cup. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spoon 1 tablespoon of cream over each egg. Sprinkle with the grated cheese. Bake at 325°F for 20-30 minutes or until the eggs are set.
Makes 6 egg cups.
- These egg cups can be made in muffin tins or individual ramekins or custard cups as stated in the recipe. OR you can cook them the French way, as what they would call a galette. Just lay the cooked crepe on a baking pan and put some mushrooms in the center of the crepe. Crack an egg in the center of the crepe over the mushrooms, then gently pull up the sides of the crepe and fold over the outside edges of the egg, to make a square (as in the image above).
- You can also add a few ounces of chopped, cooked ham distributed evenly over the mushrooms before you add the eggs.
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below.