Favorite Summer Salad Recipes:
Lime and Carrot Jello Salad
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
6 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 10m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat85
This is one of my aunt Nancy’s favorite summer salad recipes, and I have to say it is now one of mine!
She made this molded lime jello salad for a recent family get together and it disappeared very, very quickly.
- 1 - 3 ounce package lime jello powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, grated
Stir jelly powder in boiling water until dissolved. Whisk in sour cream and juice.Stir in 1 1/2 cups grated carrot. Turn into an oiled 4 cup mold.
Refrigerate at least until firm, about 2 hours. If possible, stir about 1/2 hour into the chilling, to mix the carrots through the jello.
Serves 4 people but can easily be multiplied to serve more.
- If you are feeding a group, multiply everything by 5 and it will fill a standard bundt pan. The bundt pan molds it into a beautiful shape too.
- Use sugar free jelly powder and light sour cream to cut the calories if you wish, but cut down on the amount of water by just a tiny bit.
- Try different combinations. For example, lemon jello might taste wonderful with well drained pineapple pieces. Cherry jello with pieces of maraschino cherries?
Note that the image shows a double recipe.
When the weather gets warm it’s time for something cool.
This carrot and jello salad recipe isn’t just a summer salad though. It works beautifully for any buffet table or family dinner.
The ingredients may sound odd together but I encourage you to try it. It’s really delicious!
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below.