Easy Cheese Fondue with a Twist
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
4 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 15m
I love cheese fondue recipes.
Cheese fondue sometimes sounds exotic because some recipes do use a few ingredients that some of us may not have on hand all the time. We’ve all got these ingredients on hand though.
Cheese Fondue Recipes with a Twist
- 1 pound grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup beer
- 1 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 1 tablespoon deli style mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (for dipping)
Mix Cheddar with beer in a fondue pot (if you don't have a fondue pot, a crockpot will work nicely). Heat slowly, stirring frequently, until melted. Add seasonings. Keep warm over a small fondue flame.
Fill bread basket or bowl with crusty French or Italian bread cut into 1x1" cubes. Spear the bread with a long, heat proof fork and dip it into the warmed cheese. The fondue will be a bit thin at first, but will thicken as it continues to warm.
- Use a mix of Gruyere, Swiss, Emmenthaler and muenster for a more traditional cheese fondue.
- Using a spicy cheese like pepper Jack or a cheese with Jalapeno peppers turns this more into a Mexican cheese fondue.
Did You Know?…
This cheese fondue recipe is more of a North American take on the traditional fondue.
Beer is substituted for the usual wine and cheddar cheese is used in place of more European cheeses like gruyere or swiss.
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below.