Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
6 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 12 to 16
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 5m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat133
This is a wonderful easy guacamole recipe. I have added garlic, because I find it really zings up the flavor.
- 4 ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 serrano chilies, seeded and minced (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- hot pepper sauce (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
Cut avocado into large chunks and mash coarsely in a bowl with a fork.
Add remaining ingredients and blend gently. The guacamole does not have to be absolutely smooth. Leaving a few small chunks is fine and some people prefer it that way.
Taste and adjust the seasoning by adding more pepper sauce if you wish.
Tips and Variations:
- Add 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet white onion for extra bite and crunch.
- If you are not a cilantro lover don’t let it stop you from making guacamole. I don’t like cilantro so I leave it out and find it is just as delicious without it.
- Do not cut the avocado until you are ready to make the guacamole. It needs the acid in the lime juice to keep it from turning brown.
- Although lime juice is the traditional citrus used in guacamole, I often use lemon juice and love it.
- Make sure the avocados are nice and ripe or they are too hard to mash easily. Best tip? Buy your avocado a few days before you need it and let it sit out on the counter.
Did You Know?…
Guacamole is a very healthy recipe.Although we tend to think of avocados as high calorie, they are extremely healthy for us. The garlic and citrus juice are also very healthy foods.
This recipe is so delicious and so easy to make. It’s not only a great dip recipe on it’s own, but is also perfect served alongside many other Mexican dishes like Nachos or Quesadillas.
Guacamole is a great recipe for diabetics. Avocado is extremely healthy for us, with very healthy oils. Add garlic, lime and cumin and the health content is upped even more. Serve it on veggies or thin corn chips, or add it to the top of a salad or grilled chicken. Yummy.
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below.