Marinated Vegetable Salad2013-05-12
Average Member Rating
(4.2 / 5)
5 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 10 to 12
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 20m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat61
A marinated vegetable salad is a great any time side dish.
A cold mixed vegetable recipe like this works well as a summer side dish, for barbecues and picnics, on the buffet table or as a cold side dish.
Marinated Vegetable Salad
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup sugar (optional)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- oregano and parsley (optional)
- 6 cups assorted vegetables, chopped
Some good choices are:
Green, red, yellow and orange peppers
Green and yellow beans
Aparagus, lightly steamed
Mix the dressing ingredients together, boil in a saucepan and pour over assorted vegetables. Let cool. Keeps at room temperature for a few hours or refrigerate until ready to use.
- Broccoli, cauliflower, carrot and green onion.
- Mushrooms, multi-colored peppers, zucchini, red onion
- Spanish onion, green and yellow beans
- The sugar adds a rounded flavor and a bit of sweetness to this recipe but can easily be eliminated. Eliminating the sugar, or cutting down drastically on the amount of sugar used, turns this into a lower carb vegetable recipe and a recipe suitable for diabetics.
I am always looking for interesting ways to get more vegetables on the table.
This basic recipe can be varied hundreds of ways, depending on the vegetables you choose to include. I have given my favorite suggestions.
Try mixing vegetables and see which combinations work best for you and your family.
Hard to get your kids to eat vegetables? Sometimes kids will eat raw vegetables more quickly than cooked.
Try their favorites with vegetable marinades and see if it gets them a bit more excited.
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below.