Meatloaf Recipe: Quaker Oats Meatloaf2013-05-12
Average Member Rating
(3.3 / 5)
4 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 6 to 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 55m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat82
This delicious Quaker Oats meatloaf recipe adds the taste and nutrition of oats to bind the ingredients together.
It’s a very tasty variation on the classic meat loaf.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup uncooked, non-instant oatmeal or oats
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard or 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley, flat leaf if possible or 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- Salt and pepper
Beat egg and add milk. Mix together. Pour over oatmeal and soak for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350°.
After oats have been soaked add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Put into a loaf pan or form into a loaf and place on baking sheet.
Bake for 35-45 minutes or until brown and crusty on the outside.
- This recipe can be cooked in the microwave, although I prefer it baked in the oven. Place in a glass or other microwave safe baking dish (non metal) and cook on high for 16 to 20 minutes. Rotate every 5 to 7 minutes if your microwave does not rotate. Let loaf rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- The top of the meatloaf can be covered with 1/2 cup tomato sauce or ketchup if desired for added flavor.
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below.
Did You Know?…
Not only is this recipe a tasty one you can probably get the kids to eat, it’s also healthy.
Oats are an extremely nutritious food and one of our 10 healthiest foods to eat.