Peanut Butter Pie Recipe2013-05-15
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
4 people rated this recipe
- Yield : 1 - 9" pie
- Servings : 10
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 4:20 h
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat234
This chocolate peanut butter pie is one of my all-time favorite easy dessert recipes.
There is just something about the combination of chocolate and peanut butter in this recipe that I adore.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup light frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 - 9 inch prepared chocolate cookie pie crust
In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter and cream cheese. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Gradually beat in the milk and lemon juice. Gently fold in the whipped topping and half of the chocolate chips.
Spoon into the pie crust and smooth the top. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Tips and Variations:
- For a low fat peanut butter pie, choose low fat peanut butter, plus low fat cream cheese and condensed milk. The directions are exactly the same.
- Drizzle a bit of melted chocolate chips on the top of the pie for a nice presentation.
- The thin layer of chocolate that you see in the image above is a layer of cream cheese mixed with melted chocolate chips. It is a tasty variation on the basic recipe above.
Did You Know?…
With the addition of cream cheese, peanut butter and chocolate, the three ingredients together are unbeatable.
This is a no bake dessert that is perfect for entertaining all year round. It makes a great special chocolate dessert recipe any day of the week too.
Watching your calories? No problem. You can easily turn this recipe into a low fat pie with a few simple adjustments. Just follow the notes in the Tips and Variations section below.
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below.