Spicy Potato Wedges2013-07-27
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 4 to 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
This information is per serving.
These faboulous potato wedges get a spicy kick from garlic salt, pepper and some chili flakes.
They are easy to make and really pack a punch in terms of flavor.
Spicy Potato Wedges
- 6 russet potatoes or other baking potatoes, cut into wedges (do not peel)
- olive oil (regular or extra virgin)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt (2 ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper (2 ml)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley (5 ml)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (1 ml)
- dash red chili flakes
Preheat the oven to 400ºF (or 200ºC).
In a large bowl, mix together the potato wedges and a small amount of oil. Add the garlic salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, parsley, salt and red chili flakes, mixing to coat evenly. Place on a cookie sheet and bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
If you want a crisper skin on the potatoes, broil them for a few minutes at the end of the cooking time.
Serves 4 to 6.
Creamy Garlic and Parmesan Cheese Dip
- 1/2 cup light sour cream (125 ml)
- 1/2 cup caesar salad dressing (125 ml)
- 1/8 cup parmesan cheese, grated (25 ml)
To make the dipping sauce combine sour cream, dressing and cheese together in a small bowl. If you really like it hot, add a few drops (or several) of hot sauce.
Serve the potato wedges with the dip on the side.
- You can use vegetable oil instead of olive oil. I use olive oil because it is so healthy for us and adds a nice taste. Use whatever oil you prefer that tolerates cooking at a high heat.
- Vary it up a bit. You can also use onion salt, cayenne pepper, or even a bit of dried oregano if you want.
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below.