Easy Vegetable Quiche
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe
- Yield : 1 large quiche
- Servings : 8 to 12
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 60m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat170
If you and your family love vegetable quiche recipes, this one will be a hit for sure.
It is filled with a variety of healthy vegetables of your choice and rich with cheese and cream.
Don’t worry too much about calories and fat though. A filling serving of this dish is not very large.
If you are really concerned and want to cut the cream see below for our recommendation.
Easy Vegetable Quiche
- 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups vegetables, chopped (any or a mix of asparagus, red peppers, mushrooms, zucchini or yellow zucchini)
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
Preheat oven to 375ºF.
Spray a 12" quiche pan or a deep dish pie pan with non-stick spray. Spread cheese on the bottom of the pan. Add chopped vegetables. Whisk eggs, milk, cream and seasonings together. Pour over cheese and vegetables. Bake until just set in the middle, about 45 minutes.
Tips and Variations:
- Note: Feel free to divide the ingredients in half for a smaller, regular pie plate size recipe.
- Make it low fat – replace the cream with lower fat milk. Remember though that the cream give the quiche a lovely rich flavor and texture that will be missing a bit with the low fat milk.
- Add 1/2 cup chopped ham for a non-vegetarian quiche. Real men will eat it!
- Add a pie crust to make a regular quiche. Bake as directed for the quiche recipe found here. Note that the image shows the quiche with a crust.
Did You Know?…
Because there is no crust called for in this recipe, it is a perfect low carb quiche recipe. I have made it many times when I was on a low carb diet and it is delicious.
You don’t have to be a fan of low carb recipes though to love this quiche though. It’s quite wonderful.
If you would like a “proper” quiche with a crust, look here for our pie crust recipe and bake this filling in a crust. Make a double crust recipe for the full quiche recipe.
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below.