Average Member Rating
(4.4 / 5)
5 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 4 to 6
- Prep Time : 3m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 3m
You will find a few delicious recipes for salad dressings on this page.
We start with a fabulous and easy to make simple garlic flavored vinaigrette. This recipe is so good over a mixed green salad with your favorite meat recipes.
Our apple cider vinaigrette recipe is served warm and is perfect over spinach or other hearty salad greens. I think you will love it.
And the basil cilantro vinaigrette is just that – a savory vinaigrette recipe flavored with fresh basil and cilantro.
I hope you love these salad dressing recipes as much as I do. Enjoy.
- 1 large clove garlic
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons white or red wine vinegar (or your favorite)
- pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons olive oil (or your favorite oil)
In a mortar and pestle (or with the side of a knife) mash the clove of garlic. Mix it with the salt the add the paste to the vinegar. Add the pepper. Whisk in the olive oil.
Tips and Variations:
- Substitute one tablespoon roasted garlic in place of the fresh garlic. It has a beautiful rich flavor.
- Terrific with grilled lamb chops or steak.
Warm Apple Cider Vinaigrette Recipe
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons shallots, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
2/3 cup olive or other oil
Place cider vinegar, shallots, salt and pepper in a small saucepan and simmer until reduced to 1/3 cup. Remove from the heat and whisk in oil.
This salad dressing is great over spinach salads or a bitter salad greens. Serve topped with bacon pieces and/or bits of goat cheese.
Basil Cilantro Vinaigrette
2 tablespoons white Balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
6 tablespoons of olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
Mix herbs with vinegar first, then add the oil and mix. Pour over fresh salad greens just before serving.
- Any of these recipes can easily be multiplied to serve as many people as you need. The recipes given are for an amount that will serve 4 to 6 people.
- Unless you want a wilted salad, don’t add the salad dressing until you are ready to serve. The salad greens will be nice and crisp.
These are great recipes for diabetics or those who need gluten free recipes. Use them on any salad, marinated vegetables or grilled vegetables.
Like these recipes? I’d love you to Pin this page to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below.