Three Bean Salad Recipe2013-05-22
Average Member Rating
(4.7 / 5)
3 people rated this recipe
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 10m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat52
This three bean salad recipe is a wonderful taste of summer that can be enjoyed all year round.
It’s light and refreshing for summer, but it’s sweet tangy refreshment is just as welcome during the cooler months.
I am not sure exactly how many people the recipe will serve, but is a recipe for a crowd. Feel free to halve the recipe for a family dinner.
- 2 - 20 ounce cans green beans, drained
- 2 - 20 ounce cans yellow beans, drained
- 1 - 15 ounce can kidney beans, rinsed (or mixed beans)
- 2 medium onions, sliced into thin rings or half circles
- 1 large green pepper, sliced into strips (optional)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup salad oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
Put all of the beans into a large bowl and mix well. Mix the beans gently so you don't mush the canned green and yellow beans.
Place all dressing ingredients into a jar and shake well or mix together well in a bowl. Pour the dressing over the beans, mix and refrigerate.
This is best made the day before to allow the flavors time to meld together. Serves a crowd.
- This bean salad recipe works wonderfully with fresh cooked beans as well, so is especially good to make in the summer when local green and yellow beans are plentiful.
- Replace the sugar with sugar substitute and this bean salad recipe will fit into just about any healthy diet plan.
- Add a small can of chick peas (also called garbanzo beans) for added color and interest.
Did You Know?…
3 bean salad is a traditional favorite at pot luck suppers and a hit at any BBQ or picnic.
If you are a beginner cook like I was the first time I tried this recipe, don’t forget to drain the canned beans.
My first recipe didn’t tell me to do that – so I didn’t.
The result was a very unattractive mess that no one really wanted to dig into.
This recipe though is delicious. I think you will be very pleased.
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below.