This recipe for chicken sandwiches was originally submitted by Leah from McBee, South Carolina U.S.A.
She says: This is a very good for you sandwich that goes really well with a glass of iced cold Sweet Tea.
Unfortunately Leah didn’t specify the amounts of the ingredients, so you will have to experiment. Try a bit of each ingredient first and add more if you think you need it.
These chicken sandwiches would be great as part of lunch or brunch recipes. Just serve it with a salad for an easy, tasty and healthy lunch or brunch.
My Chicken Sandwich Recipe
- chicken breasts, raw or leftover (see directions for raw chicken below)
- pecans, chopped
- green grapes, sliced thin
- granny smith apples, or red apples, diced small
- celery, sliced and diced
- flax seed
- parsley, dried
- seasoned salt
- celery seed
- whole wheat or whole grain bread,
- Boil the chicken breasts in water with lots of garlic powder, soy sauce and chicken bouillon till done (about 15 to so minutes), then dice chicken when it is cooled.
- Add in the other ingredients, including the mayonnaise. Stir the mixture together well in bowl. Spoon over Soft Whole Wheat Bread. Add a single plank of fancy style Lettuce over top of mixture.
- Place sandwich slices together. Then cut in quarters.
Serve on a tray. Enjoy!
Note: Walnuts, almonds, cashews, or macadamia nuts can also be used in this recipe for a substitute as well.
Golden raisins can be used as a substitute for the green grapes.