A tasty fried chicken recipe is one of the world’s favorite comfort food recipes and remains one of the most popular family meals.
Surprisingly, it is one of the simplest dishes to prepare.
Okay there is some frying going on here, so this may not be the recipe you should eat every day. But once in a while, why not treat yourself to a little bit of heaven?
I like cooking with chicken because it’s economical and there are so many fabulous ways to cook it. This fried chicken recipe is simple and easy to prepare, but delicious.
Great for every day family meals, entertaining or summer picnics.
Fried Chicken Recipe
- 3 pounds chicken, broiler fryer, cut into pieces
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- vegetable oil
- Wash and lightly dry the chicken pieces.
- Combine the flour, salt and pepper in brown paper or plastic bag. Place one or two pieces of chicken in the bag at a time and shake well to coat. Repeat process for remaining pieces of chicken.
- Heat vegetable oil in deep fryer according to instructions. Once oil is sufficiently hot, fry chicken in batches until chicken is golden brown. Drain on paper towels before serving.
- If you don’t have a deep fryer, you can place the oil in a pan or pot, deep enough to cover the chicken. BE VERY CAREFUL and do not fill the pot more than half way or the hot oil may overflow when the chicken is added. This is NOT the recommended way to cook fried chicken. A proper deep fryer is always advised.
This recipe comes to me from Linnen Hodo. He has a great soul food and southern cooking recipe site, www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com. Have a look and see for yourself.