Raspberry Mousse Pie2013-04-20
Average Member Rating
(4.6 / 5)
5 people rated this recipe
- Yield : 1 large or 6 individual mousse pies
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 35m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat110
Raspberry mousse pie, or raspberry bavarian, is light and delicious and so easy to make.
This light and lovely easy raspberry dessert recipe is perfect for entertaining.
Make it in a regular pie shell or go fancy as in the image above and make the individual pieces in round molds.
Raspberry Mousse Pie
- 1 - 9" baked pie shell
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 - 15 ounce package frozen raspberries, thawed and drained (keep the liquid. See next line)
- 1 1/4 cups raspberry liquid
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup whipping cream
Prepare the baked pie shell.
Combine the gelatin and sugar in saucepan. Stir in raspberry liquid, drained from the frozen raspberries, and lemon juice. Add water, if necessary, to make 1 1/4 cups. Bring mixture to a boil. Remove from the heat. Chill until consistency of unbeaten egg whites. Once chilled, beat the mixture with an electric mixer until it is light and fluffy.
Beat egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Beat whipping cream to stiff peaks. Fold egg whites and whipped cream into raspberry liquid mixture. Gently fold in raspberries. Pour mixture into prepared pie shell. Chill.
Decorate the pie with whipped cream and fresh raspberries if desired.
- Change the raspberries to strawberries for a wonderful strawberry pie recipe.
- Use fresh raspberries in season if you want. Just crush 3/4 cup of berries (extra, not part of the berries for the pie) and add 1/2 cup of water to use as the raspberry liquid.
- You can get fancy and make this pie into individual servings as shown in the image above using a round mold.
Frozen raspberries make this creamy berry pie recipe an all year favorite.
Look above for easy variations on this year round treat.
If you like this recipe, I’d love it if you would Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, and Like it on Facebook. Share your own favorite recipes below. Thanks.