Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe2013-04-28
Average Member Rating
(4.6 / 5)
13 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 12 to 16
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 1:10 h
- Ready In : 1:30 h
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat356
Chocolate cheesecake – is there anything much more decadent sounding than that? Not much in my books.
This chocolate cheese cake recipe is creamy, rich and delicious. Perfect for a dinner party or buffet table, great for holiday dinners, it is surprisingly easy to make.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 5 - 8 ounce packages cream cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate squares
- whipping cream, whipped for garnish (optional)
- chocolate shavings for garnish (optional)
In a small bowl, with your mixer at low speed, beat the butter, flour, sugar and 1 egg yolk until well mixed into a dough. Cover the dough and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Press 1/3 of the dough into the bottom of a 10 inch spring form pan. Reserve the remaining dough in the refrigerator. Bake the bottom crust for 8 minutes, then cool it.
Turn the oven down to 475°F.
Meanwhile, melt the chocolate chips in a small pot over boiling water so the chocolate won't burn.
In a large bowl with the mixer at medium speed, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Reduce speed to low, gradually beat in 1 3/4 cups sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, the melted chocolate and the rest of the ingredients, except cream, until it is all blended together. Beat at high speed for 5 minutes.
Press the reserved dough around the side of the spring form pan to within 1 inch of the top. Pour the cheese mixture into the pan and bake for 12 minutes. Turn the oven down to 300°F and bake for another 50 minutes. Turn the oven off and leave the cheesecake in the oven for 30 minutes. Cool it in the pan on a rack for 30 minutes.
Refrigerate, covered until ready to serve. Looks wonderful garnished with whipped cream, and chocolate shavings.
- If you don’t want crust on the side of the cheesecake, just put it on the bottom and save the rest of the dough for another use.
- You can use milk chocolate if you prefer, but be warned that the chocolate taste will be much, much milder. Mixed with the cream cheese and other ingredients, the semi sweet does work best.
- The cheesecake shown above is covered with a thin layer of chocolate ganache. Mix together 2 ounces of melted chocolate with a touch of heavy cream and pour over the cooled cheesecake.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of cocoa to the crust mixture for a nice chocolate crust.
Did You Know?…
This is the real deal – a baked cheesecake recipe, rich with cream cheese and lots of real semi-sweet chocolate.
Don’t worry too much about the calories. It is not something you eat every day, and it is so good that you won’t have much left for yourself anyway.
If you do want to cut down on the calories, you can omit the crust. The crust is delicious, but you can eat the cheese cake without it quite nicely.
If you like this recipe, I’d love it if you would Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, and Like it on Facebook. Share your own favorite recipes below. Thanks.