Easy chicken recipes are just about my favorite.
Everyone seems to love chicken and no matter what healthy diet you are on, it works.
Chicken is one of the low fat protein foods as well as a low carb food.
The recipe says to start with 4 chicken breasts but of course you can use as many or as few as you want or need. I just sprinkle a little of each seasoning on the breast, but that is to your taste as well.
This chicken recipe will work for you if you are looking for low carb recipes, Weight Watchers recipes, a South Beach recipe or a low fat recipe. It is a wonderful diabetes diet recipe too.
Best of all, if the diet you are following is simply “what would taste delicious tonight?”, the answer would still be this Italian style baked chicken recipe.
The ingredient amounts are not exact here because it works best if you adjust the seasonings to your taste.
This is a recipe I created with things I happened to have on hand. Sometimes the best results start out that way.
It is very low fat and healthy. You can use the same seasonings and instructions to bake chicken thighs too. It would work just as well.
Baked Chicken Breasts, Italian Style
- 4 Boneless chicken breasts, or other chicken pieces of your choice
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Salt and pepper
- Tomato slices
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Spray a glass casserole dish with non-stick spray. Use whatever size casserole fits the amount of chicken you are using.
- Sprinkle each chicken breast with salt and pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. I use a generous amount of the garlic and onion powders to coat the breasts on both sides. They add a lot of favor with no fat. Do not use garlic and onion salt, or if you do, don't salt the meat, as it will be too salty. Place the chicken pieces in the baking dish.
- Lay a large slice or two small slices of tomato on each breast. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil. No need to use a lot. Even a teaspoon makes a big difference in the taste and texture when it is done.
- Bake at 375ºF for about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese on each chicken breast. Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Try a fresh basil leaf under the tomato slice. It adds wonderful flavor.
- I have used boneless chicken breasts. Feel free to substitute other chicken parts if you prefer.
- Taking the skin off lowers the fat content drastically.