There is just something about a peanut butter cookie recipe that adults and children alike just love.
This recipe is just a bit different.
It adds the flavor of chocolate with the addition of cocoa, plus oats. Oats are one of our top 10 healthiest foods to eat.
Oats are nutritious for us all, young and older. Find out why here.
These peanut butter cookies are also wheat free, for those who are allergic or sensitive to wheat products. To make sure they are totally gluten free, make sure your oats are gluten free. Some are not.
Overall, with the exception of the 2 cups of sugar, these are fairly healthy cookies.
Plus, if you are looking for easy cookie recipes, look no further. These cookies don’t even need to be cooked!
Just melt, mix and drop by the spoonful on to a sheet of waxed paper. Can’t get much easier than that!
No Bake Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups rolled oats, quick-cooking
- Combine sugar, cocoa, butter and milk in saucepan. Bring to a boil. Boil 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter until melted, then add vanilla and oats.
- Drop by spoonful onto waxed paper and allow to harden.
- That's it! This recipe makes about 48 cookies, depending on how large you make them.
- Add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips for wonderful chocolate peanut butter cookies.
- For extra nutrition and delicious crunch, add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or peanuts.