Homemade Blueberry Pancakes2013-04-23
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
3 people rated this recipe
- Yield : 9 pancakes
- Servings : 3 to 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 15m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat32
Light and luscious blueberry pancakes make the perfect weekend breakfast.
Blueberries are such a wonderful North American treat and we are lucky enough to have them available all year now, so you can enjoy fresh pancakes with blueberries any time.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
Combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg, buttermilk, sour cream and molasses in a separate bowl. Slowly stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Fold in the blueberries.
For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup of batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle. Turn the pancakes over once the tops are covered with popped bubbles and the edges are browned.
Serve with your favorite syrup.
Tips and Variations:
- Here’s a tasty tip. Warm up your syrup and add fresh blueberries to it! Don’t cook the blueberries or boil the syrup, just heat it gently until it is just warm, then add all the blueberries you want.
- If you don’t have fresh blueberries available, feel free to substitute frozen. Just add them to the dry ingredients so they don’t turn the entire batter blue. And add them just before cooking the pancakes.
- Don’t have buttermilk? Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to the 1 cup measure, then add milk to reach one cup. Let it sit for a few minutes to sour.
- You can also use regular milk instead of buttermilk, but the buttermilk makes the pancakes nice and light in texture.
Did You Know?…
If you are lucky enough to be in blueberry country and have those wonderful fresh blue nuggets available wild and fresh in season, this recipe is certainly for you.
I often use this recipe for lunch or a quick dinner recipe instead of breakfast, although it is one of my favorite breakfast recipes too.
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below. Thanks.
Here’s an even healthier breakfast than blueberry pancakes. Try our easy oat bran pancake recipe for added nutrition. (You can add blueberries to these pancakes too.)