Buffalo Wings Recipe2013-04-24
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe
- Yield : 2 pounds of wings
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 8m
- Ready In : 38m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat154
This buffalo wings recipe is the ultimate in yummy finger foods.
These buffalo chicken wings are perfect for entertaining or a weekend finger food dinner.
They are as good as any you will find in a restaurant and very easy to make right at home.
- 1 tablespoon salt (15 mL)
- 1 tablespoon paprika (15 mL)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (2 mL)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (1 mL)
- 2 pounds chicken wings, rinsed and patted dry (1 kg)
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce, such as Frank's Louisiana (45 mL) or your favorite, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter (45 mL)
- Vegetable oil
- 1 cup blue cheese dressing dipping (250 mL)
1. In a large bowl, combine salt, paprika, black pepper and cayenne. Add chicken wings and toss to coat. Set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, over low heat, cook hot pepper sauce and butter until butter has melted. Stir to combine and remove from heat.
3. In a heavy saucepan that is at least 5 inches (12.5 cm) deep, heat 2 inches (5 cm) of oil over medium heat until it registers 350°F (180°C) on thermometer. Working in batches, fry wings until skin is crisp and juices run clear when chicken is pierced, about 8 minutes. Using tongs or a slotted spoon, remove wings to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
4. Toss wings in hot sauce mixture. Serve with blue cheese dressing on the side.
- Be a traditionalist and serve these wings with celery and carrot sticks.
- Use a candy/deep-fry thermometer to accurately measure the temperature of the cooking oil. The right cooking temperature is the key to a perfect wing.
Did You Know?…
These wings are so great that you might want to make a double recipe.
It is from my favorite “must have” entertaining cookbook, The Entertaining Encyclopedia: Essential Tips for Hosting the Perfect Party. You can find our review of the cookbook here.
They are even good cold, right out of the fridge. I won’t tell.
You can make these wings the day before, toss with sauce, let cool completely and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To reheat, spread the wings out in a single layer on a baking sheet and place in a 350°F (180°C) oven until hot, about 10 minutes.
Also, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below.