Rice and Chicken Casserole Recipes2013-04-27
Average Member Rating
(2.8 / 5)
6 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 5
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 1:5 h
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat163
Total Fat18.1 g
Saturated Fat2.6 g
Trans Fat0.0 g
Total Carbohydrates49.3 g
Dietary Fiber2.5 g
Chicken casserole recipes are so easy to prepare, especially recipes like this one that incorporate soups as part of the sauce.
They are tasty, easy to put together and make great one pot meals.
I love one pot cooking.
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and cubed (or 3 boneless chicken breasts)
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 - 10 ounce can cream of chicken soup (low fat if you prefer)
- 1 - 10 ounce can cream of mushroom soup (low fat if you prefer)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes dissolved in 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 cup potato chips, crushed
Preheat oven to 400ºF.
If using fresh boneless chicken breast, cube chicken and boil gently for 10 minutes to cook.
Combine all other ingredients, except potato chips, with cooked chicken and mix thoroughly. Place in casserole. Cover with crushed potato chips.
Bake for 45 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
- Add 2 cups of frozen vegetables to the chicken mixture and you have a wonderful all in one pot meal. You can always experiment with chicken casserole recipes. Try something different and see how you like it.
Did You Know?…
One pot cooking is great when families are on the go, to be able to come home to a warm, home cooked meal that is delicious, but was also easy to prepare.
As with most of these chicken casserole recipes, the flavors of soup you use can vary.
The ones suggested make a delicious casserole, but try some of your favorite cream soups.
If you don’t like cream of mushroom, try cream of asparagus, celery or broccoli soups.
I have found that with most of these recipes, the taste is still great no matter which cream soup you use.
This is a great make ahead dish too. Put it together earlier in the day, or even the night before, and refrigerate it. Then just pop it into a hot oven and bake when you need it.
If you like this recipe, we’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below.
Add your own favorite recipe by clicking on the Submit a Recipe button above.