Turkey or Chicken Pot Pie Recipe2013-04-27
Average Member Rating
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 1:15 h
http://www.cse.msu.edu/rgroups/darg/?essay=top-quality-essay-writing-services&help=1 top quality essay writing services
http://www.cse.msu.edu/rgroups/darg/?essay=admission-essay-help&help=1 admission essay help
Turkey or Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
http://www.cse.msu.edu/rgroups/darg/?essay=college-paper-writing-services&help=1 college paper writing services
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup potatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- pinch of black pepper (optional)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups turkey or chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups cooked turkey or chicken, chopped
- Pastry for 9" double pie crust
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Want a quick gourmet chicken pot pie recipe? Replace the pie crust with sheets of phyllo pastry.Always keep phyllo pastry moist while you are working by covering it with a damp cloth. Remove the sheets individually, brush with melted butter and stack them. Cut to the desired size for a large or individual pot pies and lay the phyllo over the casserole dish. You will get light crispy layers with little fuss.
- You can also replace the crust with flaky puff pastry. Just use the frozen version and cut it to the size of the dish you are baking the pot pie in. (The image above shows the chicken pot pie with puff pastry crust.)
- Make individual pot pies and bake for a shorter period of time.
- If you want a chicken pot pie that is a bit lighter, omit the bottom crust and just top the filling with an upper crust. Bake until the top crust is browned and the filling is bubbling.
- Up the vitamin content by adding other vegetables if you like. Try kernel corn or very small pieces of blanched broccoli.
- Make several individual pot pies in small foil pie pans and freeze them. They make a very easy dinner on a busy night. Just thaw and heat!
http://www.cse.msu.edu/rgroups/darg/?essay=service-academy-essay-tips&help=1 service academy essay tips
http://www.cse.msu.edu/rgroups/darg/?essay=live-case-study-help&help=1 live case study help