Chicken Salad Recipe with Fruit and Nuts2013-04-27
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
6 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 10m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat113
This easy chicken salad recipe really is the absolute best.
Chicken salad is pretty tasty any time and chicken salad sandwiches are the best.
But this recipe combines sweet and tangy in just the right amounts plus the tart sweet taste of cranberries and crunch of pecans. Absolutely amazing!
Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon frozen orange juice concentrate (optional)
- 4 cups cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 large apple, unpeeled, cored and chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 3 to 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
Toast pecans in a 250ºF oven. Watch carefully to make sure they do not burn. Set aside to let cool.
In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, vinegar, orange juice, salt and pepper. Stir well to mix together. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
In a large bowl toss together chicken, celery, apple, cranberries, onions, pecans and parsley. Add the dressing and mix together well.
Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving to allow those wonderful flavors to meld.
- The orange juice concentrate is optional but adds another nice layer of flavor, this time a hint of citrus.
You can serve this salad easily as a main course for lunch. It’s also a wonderful brunch recipe.
It looks beautiful served in a lettuce cup or on a lettuce lined plate. Just add a green salad and some fresh rolls or biscuits and voila – lunch is served.
If you like this recipe, I’d love it if you would Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, and Like it on Facebook. Share your own favorite recipes below. Thanks.