Honey Balsamic Chicken Thighs2013-04-28
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 60m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat152
This wonderful chicken thighs recipe is flavored with honey and balsamic vinegar, a mixture that simply can’t be beat.
The slightly sweet taste of balsamic vinegar is a perfect accompaniment to the chicken and of course a little honey just makes things even better.
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, approximately 1 1/2 pounds total weight
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the Glaze:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Place the chicken thighs, skin side up, in a small roasting pan. Season the thighs with salt and pepper. Bake the thighs at 375°F until the skin is crispy and the juices run clear when the thighs are pierced with a fork, 40 to 45 minutes.
While the chicken roasts, combine the olive oil, honey, vinegar, and garlic. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thickened slightly, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat, add salt and pepper to taste, and let stand for 5 minutes to allow for the proverbial thickening upon standing.
Once the chicken is done, baste each thigh with the glaze and serve them.
Poor Girl Gourmet Tip:
- A little bit of oil helps to slick the path of honey, so I measure the oil in a liquid cup measure first, pour it into the pan or bowl where its use is required, then add the honey to the cup measure. The coating of oil allows the honey to slide out of the cup measure with no hassle whatsoever. And we are fond of no hassle, no doubt.
- You can imagine that this glaze would also be quite good on chicken wings, chicken legs, or Perfect Roasted Chicken; or drizzled over pork chops, ribs, or even a tenderloin. If you are inclined to use this on a larger meat surface area than the thighs, simply increase the honey to 1/2 cup and the balsamic vinegar to 1/4 cup, keeping the oil and garlic quantity the same. Simmer as instructed, let stand to thicken as instructed, and use it at will.
Did You Know?…
This is a simple recipe, but don’t let that fool you.
This recipe is good enough to serve anyone any time, from the family meals with your pickiest youngster to elegant entertaining.
This delightful recipe for balsamic chicken thighs comes from a cookbook called Poor Girl Gourmet: Eat in Style on a Bare Bones Budget.
If you like this recipe, we’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below.