Hot Appetizer Recipes:
Baked Goat Cheese with Herbed Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Average Member Rating
(-1 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 6 to 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat91
I love hot appetizer recipes for holiday parties and year round get-togethers.
This recipe for baked goat cheese with sun-dried tomatoes and herbs is absolutely fabulous.
You can’t miss serving this one the next time you entertain.
The recipe comes from a terrific cookbook called 300 Best Casserole Recipes by Tiffany Collins.
- 8 ounces (250 g) soft goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) Cajun seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon (.5 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (30 mL) drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) chopped fresh rosemary
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
1. In a medium bowl, combine the goat cheese, basil, Cajun seasoning and pepper. Spread in a greased 2-cup (500 mL) baking dish.
2. In a small bowl, combine the garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and rosemary. Layer on top of the cheese mixture.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until bubbling.
Serve with crackers or baguette slices, or as a dip with fresh veggies.
- For a more formal bite-size appetizer, spoon into baked mini phyllo cups and bake at 350°F (180°C) until hot.
Did You Know?…
(You will find our review of Tiffany’s cookbook here.)
Like most people Tiffany has friends and family who would turn up their nose at the mere hint of goat cheese, without ever trying it.
For those folks, Tiffany says this about her wonderful goat cheese appetizer recipe:
“If, like me, you have friends who turn up their nose at goat cheese, don’t tell them what’s in this dish until they have a taste. Then you can laugh at their expression when they realize how good goat cheese really is!”
Whether you are a die hard goat cheese fan already or not, this recipe is sure to turn you into one.
An added bonus is that it is a vegetarian appetizer recipe, and there is always someone in the group who looks for vegetarian recipes these days.
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below.