Black Bean Salsa2013-04-23
Average Member Rating
(4.7 / 5)
6 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 5m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat33
This black bean salsa is oh so easy.
It is a mix of fresh ingredients plus ingredients you will probably have on hand in your pantry.
The directions below suggest serving the salsa with tortilla chips, but how about some other fun and interesting ideas?
Serve it alongside nachos, enchiladas, fajitas and so much more.
Black Bean Salsa
- 1 cup (250 ml) canned black beans, rinsed & drained
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) chunky salsa, mild or hot to your taste
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) corn kernels
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) fresh cilantro, minced
- 4 teaspoons (20 ml) olive oil
In a medium bowl, combine the beans, salsa, corn, onion and cilantro. Drizzle with the olive oil and mix in. For the best flavor, cover the salsa mixture and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Serve as a dip with regular or baked tortilla chips.
- You can use fresh, frozen or canned corn kernels. The best? Fresh corn kernels that have been grilled or roasted to bring out that extra sweetness. Grilling also adds a smokiness that is quite nice in this recipe.
- Add extra chopped sweet or hot peppers if you wish. They add crunch, extra nutrition and extra heat if you want it.
- Add as much of your favorite hot sauce as you like.
Did You Know?…
Of course you can eat this fantastic salsa immediately but for best results refrigerate the salsa for 1 hour before serving it. Time allows the flavors to meld together for even more great taste.
This is not just an appetizer recipe. It’s a great side dish served with all sorts of Mexican recipes.
This recipe shows you that can you can make authentic tasting recipes easily using simple ingredients that you often have on hand.
Use the tips above to tailor it to your family’s tastes and preferences.
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below. Thanks.