Cheddar Bacon Broccoli Quiche2013-04-27
Average Member Rating
(3.9 / 5)
14 people rated this recipe
- Yield : 1 quiche
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 55m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat331
I love this cheddar bacon broccoli quiche recipe. It is my favorite quiche recipe.
People tend to think of quiche as a bit exotic, so it must be difficult to prepare.
The reality is that is is really quite easy, especially if you decide to use pre-made pie crust.
Cheddar Bacon Broccoli Quiche
- Pie crust for single 9" one-crust pie
- 1/2 pound of bacon (about 12 slices), fried crisp and crumbled
- 1/2 cup broccoli, fresh or frozen, finely chopped
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups light cream (or whipping cream for super richness)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Heat oven to 425°.
Prepare pastry for one-crust pie (if using mix or homemade crust recipe) and bake as directed in 9" pie plate or quiche pan.
Steam broccoli for a few minutes to partially cook.
Layer bacon, onion, brocooli and cheese evenly over bottom of pie crust. Mix together remaining ingredients. Beat well to really mix the eggs using a whisk or blend in the blender at low speed. Pour over other ingredients in pie crust shell. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes.
Reduce the heat to 300°. Bake quiche 30 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let pie stand for 10 minutes to cool before cutting.
- Omit the bacon to turn this into a vegetarian quiche.
- Best pie crust recipes? Try Crisco or lard and use the recipe right on the box. They work wonderfully.
- Use Swiss or Emmenthal cheese for a milder, but still tangy flavor.
- Make it Low Carb: Baked in a greased pie plate without the crust, this recipe makes a delicious low carb lunch or dinner entrée.
If you want to make a homemade pie crust, simply click the link in the recipe to go to our pie crust recipe.
Either way, this quiche recipe makes a wonderful lunch or light easy dinner recipe with a side salad.
It is perfect for entertaining too.
If you like this recipe, I’d love it if you would Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, and Like it on Facebook. Share your own favorite recipes below. Thanks.