I love this cheddar bacon broccoli quiche recipe. It is my favorite quiche recipe.
People tend to think of quiche as a bit exotic, so it must be difficult to prepare.
The reality is that is is really quite easy, especially if you decide to use pre-made pie crust.
If you want to make a homemade pie crust, simply click here for our fantastic pie crust recipe.
Either way, this quiche recipe makes a wonderful lunch or light easy dinner recipe with a side salad.
It is perfect for entertaining too.
Cheddar Bacon Broccoli Quiche
- 1 Pie crust , for single 9" one-crust pie
- 1/2 pound bacon, about 8 slices, fried crisp and crumbled
- 1/2 cup broccoli, fresh or frozen, finely chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup onion, minced
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups light cream, or whipping cream for super richness
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat the oven to 425°.
- Prepare pastry for one-crust pie (if using mix or homemade crust recipe) and bake as directed in 9" pie plate or quiche pan.
- Steam the broccoli for a few minutes to partially cook it.
- Layer the bacon, onion, broccoli and cheese evenly over the bottom of the pie crust. Mix together the remaining ingredients. Beat well to really mix the eggs using a whisk or blend in the blender at low speed. Pour the eggs over the other ingredients in the pie crust shell. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 300°. Bake the quiche for 30 minutes longer, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the pie stand for 10 minutes to cool before cutting it.
- Omit the bacon to turn this into a vegetarian quiche.
- Use Swiss or Emmenthal cheese for a milder, but still tangy flavor.
- Make it Low Carb: Baked in a greased pie plate without the crust, this recipe makes a delicious low carb lunch or dinner entrée.
I have marked this as a recipe suitable for diabetic diets because it really is a meal in a crust. The filling is quite low carb. If the crust is to high in carbs for you consider simply baking the yummy filling in a pie plate. It’s low carb and fabulous made that way.