This is a delicious sausage and chicken pate recipe from one of our members.
French paté seems so gourmet and elegant, you wouldn’t think it would be easy to make. This recipe, contributed by Chef Bacon from Corinth, Texas, United States, shows you how easy it can be to make a gourmet paté.
Sausage and Chicken Pate
- 1 chicken breast, boneless
- 3 sausage patties, or medium size sausages
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2-3 ounces Riesling wine
- green olives, for garnish
- salt, to your taste
- 1 baguette
- Pan fry the boneless chicken breast in olive oil with just a little salt and pepper. Allow the cooked chicken to cool. Fry the sausage patties or sausages.
- When cooled, dice the chicken into large pieces and place into a food processor. Add the cooked sausage patties, cream cheese and wine and blend until smooth. It should take about one minute. Refrigerate for an hour before serving.
- Slice the baguette on the bias (at an angle), into slices about 1/4 inch in thickness. The slices can be toasted on a baking sheet, or grilled just enough to lightly toast the pieces.
- When you are ready to serve, add a teaspoon of the pate to the baguette slices. Top with a slice of green olive and a touch of Tabasco or your favorite hot sauce if desired.
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below.