Halibut is a favorite fish for many people because of it’s mild taste and meaty texture.
I think halibut makes the perfect fish and chips, but we have something a bit more gourmet here.
This baked halibut recipe is perfect for a special dinner or to serve company.
Of course it is so quick to make, it is a perfect weeknight easy dinner recipe too.
The mix of wine, lemon juice and dill give the fish a wonderful flavor. It’s perfect served with rice pilaf.
Treat yourself and your crew to a beautiful halibut dinner.
Halibut Baked With Vegetables
- 2/3 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound halibut, or other similar meaty fish
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Fresh dill
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Arrange onion slices in the bottom of a baking dish sprayed with non-stick spray and place the fish on top. Combine the next four ingredients and spread over the fish. Combine wine, lemon juice, dill and pepper and pour over the whole thing.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Baked fish recipes like this make perfect diabetic meals. Less rice and more vegetable make this a nice low carb diabetes recipe.
Sign up here and be the first to get new recipes and tips.
If you love our baked halibut with vegetables but want to kick it up a notch, try our Cajun Fish recipe.