This mushroom recipe is one of our easy grilled vegetable recipes.
Perfect for the barbecue or outdoor grill, it works perfectly well inside too, placed under the broiler or on an indoor grill.
Either way they are so easy to make and quite yummy.
I think mushrooms and garlic are like a match made in heaven. Add just a bit of healthy olive oil and some salt and pepper to taste – very easy.
These grilled mushrooms will be a great enhancement to many meals. Mushrooms work particularly well with beef and are a perfect accompaniment to grilled steak.
Grilled Mushroom Recipe
- 12 mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Remove stems from mushrooms. In a small bowl combine oil and garlic. Brush mushrooms with the oil and garlic mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Place mushrooms on broiling pan or grill and cook mushrooms until juice begins to seep out, about 2 minutes per side.
- This recipe can be easily multiplied to feed as many people as you wish. It’s great for a barbecue.
- Add a few drops of hot sauce if you want to kick up the heat a bit.
- Add other vegetables, like eggplant or zucchini slices, or red or green peppers for a grilled vegetable medley.
- Mushrooms are like little sponges and will soak up water very easily. For that reason, never soak mushrooms in water. Simply wipe them with a damp cloth or paper towel to remove any dirt.