This is a delightful spinach strawberry salad with that perfect mix of sweet and tart.
Almonds and poppy seeds add crunch and taste. It’s a quick and easy recipe to make and looks beautiful on the plate.
Strawberry spinach salad is great to serve for company. Plus, spinach is one of the 10 healthiest foods you can eat. Find out why here.
That makes it a hit on all levels!
Spinach Strawberry Salad
- 1 pound spinach, washed and well dried
- 3 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 1 pint strawberries, trimmed and quartered or sliced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Place spinach in large salad bowl (a flatter bowl works best). Arrange kiwi slices and strawberries on top.
- Combine all ingredients for salad dressing. Toss dressing with salad just before serving. Sprinkle with toasted almonds. Enjoy this wonderful strawberry spinach salad!
- Replace the honey in the dressing with stevia, coconut sugar or another sugar substitute, or leave the sweetener out totally if you don’t need the sweet taste. Any of these options makes this salad a great diabetic recipe or low carb recipe.