There is nothing quite as comforting as mashed potatoes.
This mashed sweet potato recipe combines the rich sweetness of sweet potatoes with regular creamy mashed potatoes. What could be more perfect?
It is great to have a variety of vegetable side dish recipes on hand and this one is delicious.
This two potato mash is a nice change from regular mashed potatoes or mashed sweet potatoes alone. And sweet potatoes are an extremely healthy addition to our diets.
Two Potato Mashed Sweet Potato Recipe
- 4 potatoes, medium, diced
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 pinch nutmeg, optional
- Bring potatoes to boil and cook 5 minutes. Add sweet potatoes and continue to cook until fork tender. Drain.
- Mash potatoes until smooth. Gradually add milk. Stir in cheese, sour cream, onion, salt and nutmeg.
- The potatoes will be even creamier if you warm the milk or cream before adding it to the potatoes.