Waldorf Salad Recipe2013-05-25
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
6 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 10m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat93
This Waldorf Salad Recipe comes from Carrie Gamble.
This delightful salad was named after the Waldorf Astoria hotel, where it was first invented.
It never goes out of style, with fresh crispy apples and celery, paired with the crunch of walnuts and the sweetness of raisins.
Waldorf Salad Recipe
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 stalks celery, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup Miracle whip salad dressing
- 1 heaping tablespoon sour cream
- tiny bit of milk (to thin out the mixture)
Mix salad dressing and sour cream together. Drizzle a bit of milk in to thin it out to the consistency of a pourable salad dressing.
Place the apples, celery, walnuts and raisins in a bowl and pour the dressing over. Toss lightly to coat.
This salad looks beautiful served in lettuce cups as a side dish and works equally well on a buffet table.
- The traditional Waldorf salad recipe above does not call for any meat. You can turn this recipe into a lovely luncheon entree by adding chopped, cooked boneless chicken breast to the mixture before adding the salad dressing.
Did You Know?…
Carrie has put together a wonderful cookbook of her Grandmother’s best recipes, appropriately called Grandmother’s Cookbook.
Don’t let the Grandmother part of the title fool you. These wonderful recipes are timeless and will be as welcomed by your family and guests as they were in Grandmother’s day.