Salsa Burger Recipe2013-07-27
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 20m
This information is per serving.
This is a fabulous tasting burger recipe, mixed with a bit of salsa for extra flavor.
The hamburgers get even more Mexican flavor with the addition of a touch of cumin. I love the warm, earthy flavor of cumin.
The burgers already have some cheese in them, but of course you can never have too much cheese, so add more on top if you want.
Salsa Burger Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or black pepper
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar or Swiss cheese
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil (optional)
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs together with the salsa and seasonings. Stir in the bread crumbs. Add the meat and mix together until it is all blended. Mix in the cheese.
Shape the meat mixture into 4 burgers, each about 4 inches wide and 3/4 inch thick.
Place the burgers on a greased grill about 4 inches above hot coals. Cook 6-8 minutes per side. Or heat vegetable oil in a large frying pan set over medium low heat. Add the burgers and sauté uncovered, about 8 minutes per side.
Top with a slice of cheese if you want just a minute or two before the burgers are done.
Makes 4 servings.
Tips and Variations:
- This recipe makes 4 hamburgers but can very easily be multiplied to serve as many people as you like.
- If you like things hot, add a few drops of hot sauce to the hamburger mixture before it is cooked.
- You can also add 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion to the meat mixture.
To make this recipe even healthier replace the lean ground beef with ground chicken or turkey.
Like this recipe? I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below.