Thyme Marinated Chicken Breast Recipe2013-04-27
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 35m
- Cook Time : 8m
- Ready In : 43m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat125
This is a delicious and easy chicken breast recipe.
It is so versatile.
You can broil it, use and indoor grill, or get out the barbecue and grill it outdoors.
No matter what the weather you can enjoy this easy recipe.
- 8 chicken breasts, skinned and boned
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine the marinade ingredients and mix well. Pour the marinade over the chicken and marinate for 30 minutes in a non-metallic bowl.
Grill the meat on medium heat or broil 3-4 minutes per side. Cook the meat only until it feels springy to the touch and the juices run clear when the meat is pierced.
- This recipe calls for chicken breasts but you can substitute the parts of your choice. The marinade works equally well with any cut.
- Note: Never save any chicken marinade for another time or use it to baste the chicken. The marinade may have developed bacteria that cook out in the chicken won’t have time to cook out if you use it to baste during the cooking time.
Did You Know?…
I love this chicken marinade recipe.
First of all, it is SO easy.
Just mix the marinade ingredients, let it sit for 1/2 an hour or so while you prepare the rest of the meal, then just grill or broil the meat for a few minutes before serving.
It’s not only easy, it has just the right mix of sweet and savory to add a yummy layer of flavor.
I think this is a recipe that you will come back to over and over again.
If you like this recipe, we’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below.