Spinach Strawberry Salad2013-05-20
Average Member Rating
(4.8 / 5)
4 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 10m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat166
This is a delightful spinach strawberry salad with that perfect mix of sweet and tart.
Almonds and poppy seeds add crunch and taste. It’s a quick and easy recipe to make and looks beautiful on the plate.
Spinach Strawberry Salad
- 1 pound flat leaf spinach, washed and well dried
- 3 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 pint strawberries, trimmed and quartered or sliced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Place spinach in large salad bowl (a flatter bowl works best). Arrange kiwi slices and strawberries on top.
Combine all ingredients for salad dressing. Toss dressing with salad just before serving. Sprinkle with toasted almonds. Enjoy this wonderful strawberry spinach salad!
- Replace the honey in the dressing with Splenda or another sugar substitute and this becomes a great diabetic recipe or low carb recipe.
Did You Know?…
Strawberry spinach salad is great to serve for company. Plus, spinach is one of the 10 healthiest foods you can eat. Find out why here.
That makes it a hit on all levels!
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below.