Stuffed Sole Recipe2014-02-13
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
4 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
This information is per serving.
Stuffed sole is a wonderful recipe to use for entertaining, but also a great any day meal because it is quick and easy to prepare.
This recipe for stuffed fillet of sole is nice and light, with a rich tasting but not heavy filling.
Stuffed Sole Recipe
- 1 cup tomatoes, skinned and very finely chopped (seeds removed)
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 4 to 6 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 pound fillets of sole
- 1/2 cup white wine
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
Saute the mushrooms for about 5 minutes in a bit of butter. Mix the finely chopped tomatoes with the mushrooms, bread crumbs, lemon rind and seasonings. Spread the mixture on the fillets and roll up tightly. Place the rolled sole fillets close together in a baking dish and cover with the wine. Season well with salt and pepper. Top with a sprinkle of paprika for color.
Cover and bake for 20 minutes at 350ºF.
- If you don’t want to use wine, replace it with and equal amount of chicken or vegetable stock. If you are concerned about serving alcohol, remember that the alcohol disappears on cooking, so you get the flavor without the alcohol.
- You can place the tomatoes and mushrooms in a blender for just a few seconds to make the filling a bit smoother in texture. I prefer it rustic, but either way is delicious.
This is quite a healthy fish recipe. Serve topped with a slice of lemon and optional lemon wedges for extra drizzling. A bundle of steamed buttered spinach or kale under the fish looks and tastes great. Plus the spinach or kale add loads of nutritional value.
I like to serve a stuffed fish recipe like this one with rice pilaf. Get my recipe here. Add a side salad and you have a delicious, light and healthy meal.
This wonderful stuffed fish recipe is one of our fabulous diabetic recipes. It’s pretty low carb and a great recipe for entertaining.
Could you help me out? If you like this recipe, please Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment and your favorite recipe below. (see all the social buttons just below.)