These Asian noodles are so easy to make.
Just stir together the sauce ingredients while the noodles are boiling, mix in the sauce when the noodles are cooked and top with sliced scallions (green onion).
Sprinkle with a few sesame seeds and you’re done! How simple is that?
Thai Sesame Asian Noodles
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chili oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- pinch ground ginger
- pinch garlic powder
- 1/2 pound Chinese noodles
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Combine sauce ingredients, blend well, and set aside.
- Cook noodles until tender, 5-6 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold running water and drain again. Transfer to serving bowl, pour sauce over noodles and mix to coat well. Sprinkle with scallions and sesame seeds and serve at room temperature.
There are two ways to make this into a meal in a dish.
- Add cooked shrimp or sliced chicken to the sesame noodles.
- Stir fry vegetables like sliced mushrooms; chopped green, red and yellow peppers; match stick sliced carrots, broccoli and/or snow peas and add them to the noodles.
This noodle recipe can be used as a salad or side dish.
It can also be served warm as a dinner recipe by adding cooked chicken, shrimp and/or vegetables.
The sauce is a tasty mix of soy sauce, peanut butter, ginger, and garlic, with a hint of sesame oil and chili oil for zip.