Our avocado salad recipe with vegetables is one of those easy to make and tasty Jello salad recipes.
I love jello salads.
This one combines the smooth richness of avocado with the freshness of crisp green pepper, the tang of minced onions and the crunch of chopped nuts, in this case pistachios.
Honestly, I would never have thought to make a jello salad with avocado, but I was really surprised at how good it is. It’s a nice mix of flavors.
Add a bit of pimento for color and encase it in a light lime flavored jelly and you have a lovely light salad recipe that is perfect for lunch.
This makes a wonderful vegetable side dish recipe with other of your favorite summer salads.
Jellied salads are so versatile and tasty and best of all, really easy to make.
They always go over well at any get together, whether it is a baby shower, barbecue or on a buffet table.
Crunchy Avocado Salad
- 6 ounces lime flavoured gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups avocado, mashed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup green pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup pistachios, or pecans, chopped
- 1/3 cup pimento, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons onion, minced
- lettuce leaves
- Dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water. Add the avocado and mayonnaise. Mix well. Chill until the mixture is the consistency of an unbeaten egg white.
- Remove from the refrigerator and stir in the green pepper, nuts, pimento and minced onion. Pour the mixture into a lightly oiled 5 1/2 cup mold. You can also use individual molds, as shown above.
- Chill until the salad is set. Unmold onto lettuce leaves. Garnish with additional pimento for added color if you desire.
If you like this recipe, please take a moment to share it on your favorite social media. You can add your comments below. Thanks a lot.